MISSISSAUGA, Ont. (February 3, 2011) – Innovation leader, Kellogg Canada today announced the introduction of Kellogg’s Fibre Plus cereal, Special K Oats & Honey cereal, Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal bars and Kashi Soft-Baked bars to the Canadian market. The new products aim to meet the growing nutritional and health demands of consumers and arrive in stores this month.
Kellogg Canada’s recently launched new products include:
- Canadians are always looking for new ways to get more fibre into their diets without sacrificing taste. Kellogg’s Fibre Plus cereal contains 40 per cent of the recommended daily fibre requirements per serving. Kellogg’s Fibre Plus cereal combines oven toasted whole grain cereal squares with crunchy granola clusters and comes in two delicious flavours mixed berries and brown sugar
- Staying on track with diet and weight-management goals can be a challenge without a variety of delicious foods. Special K Oats & Honey cereal contains toasted multigrain flakes, and wholesome oats naturally flavoured with honey and is low in fat with two grams of fibre.
- Consumers want a variety of snacking options to enjoy without compromise. Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal bars are great tasting, with only 90 calories per serving, which can assist in achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight when combined with healthy eating.
- Kashi Soft-Baked bars are baked up toasty and golden with real fruit and wildflower honey. Free of refined sweeteners and artificial ingredients, and trans fat free.
“As an industry leader, Kellogg Canada recognizes that food companies have a role to play in offering consumers nutritious options,” said Johanne Trudeau, registered dietitian and director of nutrition marketing, Kellogg Canada Inc. “We know that it can be a challenge for people to incorporate nutrition into their busy lives, so we are launching several new products to meet the growing needs of our consumers. We’re making it easier and more convenient for them to obtain nutritional benefits, without sacrificing taste.”
About Kellogg Canada
Founded in 1914, Kellogg Canada is the leading manufacturer of ready-to-eat cereal in Canada. The company's brands include Special K*, Vector*, All-Bran*, Kellogg's Corn Flakes*, Kellogg's* Two Scoops* Raisin Bran, Eggo*, Nutri-Grain*, Rice Krispies*, Pop- Tarts*, Kellogg's Frosted Flakes*, Froot Loops* and Kashi*. For more information, visit www.kelloggs.ca, and for information on Kellogg Canada’s commitment to nutrition, visit www.kelloggsnutrition.ca.
* © 2010, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.